Marea Stream

English Language

OdgovorNapisal/-a george dne 11 avg 2005 23:21

Hi,

I am George from Terra Nova PRO. I thought it might be interesting for you to know that the Marea Stream will be available by the end of this month. For those who are interested in that pump it is very easy to purchase it. Simply talk with your local dealer and give him the contact adress of Terra Nova PRO. Of course you can also get any other product that you find interesting.
If you do have any technical questions concerning the Marea Stream I will be happy to give you information on it :wink:

Here is a link that might be also intersting for you: http://www.terra-nova-pro.de/html/video.html

It shows a video of the life inside a refugium, simply choose your format DSL or ISDN. Comments are welcome :lol:

Reef On

George

http://www.terra-nova-pro.de
Uporabniški avatar
george

Št.: 13

OdgovorNapisal/-a Bojan dne 11 avg 2005 23:31

George, welcome to our web site and forum for marine aquarists.

Here in Slovenia Stream pumps are very popular, so I am sure that you will get many technical and other questions ?

Do you know who is the local dealer for Slovenia ?

Could you compare technical characteristics of your stream pumps with Tunze Stream pumps, which are very well known to our members ?
Uporabniški avatar
Bojan

Št.: 9306
Kraj: Ljubljana
Izkušnje: akv. 34let, morska 16let

OdgovorNapisal/-a george dne 12 avg 2005 0:06

Hello Bojan,

thanks for the warm welcome :lol: From the pictures in the Gallery this seems to be a forum of some excellent reefkeeepers.
Concerning the local dealer it is the best way if you could recommend someone to me. You know that there are big differences between the dealers and I think that you as the users can make the best recommendation for a good and innovative dealer. As you could see from my website I am importing cool stuff from all over the world and so the dealer has to be innovative too. If you have any contact for me I will be happy to set up things for you so that you can purchase the pumps very easy.

It is quite hard to compare the the Mare with the Tunze. I think the main difference is that with the Marea you can cover the complete segment below a flow rate of 6000 l/h and this to a very good price. I can not tell you anything about technical details of the Tunze but I can give you details about Marea so that you will be able to compare it by yourself.
One of the main features is the new propeller. It gives a very smooth stream that is also safe for any kind of plankton. The propeller has a ceramic shaft and ceramic bearings. I will try to attache a picture of a propeller that was nearly one year in use and you see that it still looks like new. The ceramic parts make the Marea also a very quite running pump. You can attache the pumps in many different ways to your tank. It is also very slim and will fitt in every corner. All the pumps have 220 V supply.

This is a try to post some pics - Hope it works :(

Slika

Slika

George
Uporabniški avatar
george

OdgovorNapisal/-a Bojan dne 12 avg 2005 0:13

Could you post the informations about the dimensions of the MAREA 6000 ?
Uporabniški avatar
Bojan

OdgovorNapisal/-a george dne 12 avg 2005 0:18

Hello,

I wish I could :oops: I am waiting to get these pumps like everyone else. I had a few samples nearly a year ago and there were all something between 5cmx8cmx12cm. Of course the bigger the pump the bigger the size. As soon as I have the pumps I can give you exact dimensions.

George
Uporabniški avatar
george

OdgovorNapisal/-a Bojan dne 12 avg 2005 0:31

Thanks George.

Please inform as, when you will get these pumps.
Uporabniški avatar
Bojan

OdgovorNapisal/-a bluereef dne 12 avg 2005 13:35

Hi George
That pumps are SEIO super flow pump from TAAM,TAAM is manufacture of rio pumps which a quite popular in USA,problem with TAAM pumps is that they can destroy aquarium when they get some problems and there is countless number of threads in USA forums about Rio pumps destroying complete reef aquarium.Some members actually start to search for legal activity to sue the rio manufactures.
Personaly and IMO is the best to avoid TAAM,SEIO company and stuck with german pumps manufactures which are more expensive then USA manufactures but much more quality.
I also doubt that USA manufactures build that pumps in USA,I think they import them from China or some other country from Asia and just put their brand etiqute on them.
bluereef

Št.: 123
Kraj: Rab,Hrvatska

OdgovorNapisal/-a Clownfish dne 12 avg 2005 15:40

bluereef Napisal/-a:I also doubt that USA manufactures build that pumps in USA,I think they import them from China or some other country from Asia and just put their brand etiqute on them.

If the product source is China that does not mean quality is bad. Even most of your computer part are product of China but works Ok.
Few month ago even Big Blue IBM sell his PC part to Lenovo. And few years ago IBM disk production to Hitachi..

And ... can you really say for Tunze pumps they are produced in Germany?

Anyway. As I look those Marea Stram pump price for the biggest model is almost simmilar to Tunze Stream 220V 6060. (pump withouth regulation)
But If we look at other data we could see this Tunze pump has only 11W power consumption at 6000L/h flow, MareaStream model 6000 has 26W power consumption at same 6000L/h flow.

Therefore I beleive Marea Stream pumps are suatable for aquariums below 300L in which we could put more smaller Marea pumps to get better water flow.
Uporabniški avatar
Clownfish
Administrator

Št.: 8772
Izkušnje: akv. morska 17let

OdgovorNapisal/-a bluereef dne 12 avg 2005 20:00

And ... can you really say for Tunze pumps they are produced in Germany?

Well,yes,tunze made all his equipment in his warwehouse,everything is handmade and in small editions,that is the reason why his equipment are so expensive and good quality.
But If we look at other data we could see this Tunze pump has only 11W power consumption at 6000L/h flow, MareaStream model 6000 has 26W power consumption at same 6000L/h flow.

Yup,that is also a sign of good quality equipment,I saw pumps from China equally looking as eheim(resun...),iwaki (they will probably very soon have their own red dragon looking pumps,lol) only what is diferents in that pumps are motors,eheim pumps use 50-60 watt ,copy use 100-110 watt.
Of course not only wats are diferent from orginal but quality of production,longevity,problems free and most important issue are that they are safe for use within aquarium.
There is a threads about rio pumps when they burn the house when they melted inside a aquarium(yes they do that) or punch a serious electrical schock when reef owner put his hand in aquarium.
bluereef

OdgovorNapisal/-a george dne 12 avg 2005 22:29

hello bluereef,

yes it is true and no secret that the Marea Stream is the european version of the Seio. In the beginning almost 4 years ago the Seio was produced not in a very good quality and so the received very bad feedback. Do not forget that USA is the biggest market in the world. So if you find 10 threads about a bad working Seio this 0,00001 % of all Seios that are running without any problems. No other manufacturer has so many pump systems running in the world like Rio. So I think it is quite normal that they are producing the biggest feedback. That shows only their strong position in the market. I could also show you endless thread about Tunze Stream not holding on the tank or producing too much noise but this is the case with every successfull product.
I guess that you should accept that not everyone is willing to pay more then 100,- euros for a stream even if you have a small tank with 200 litres. What do you want with a Tunze Stream there??
I did have the same feedbacks when I started with my Skimmers. Alll the people said uuuuh they are bad, they made in Asia and so on. So I send samples to the users and told them to test them and the result was that the Skimmers have beaten so far every other "handmade" Skimmer by far in the case of price and performance. Now one year later the Skimmers are in the sortiment of eery major company in Germany and also in Austria, Switzerland and Poland.
It is nice that you try to keep up high the German brands but I am very sorry to tell you that there is no way to stop the success of mass production goods. Your car is mass production, your TV, your shoes and soon also your pump :wink:

Regards

George
Uporabniški avatar
george

OdgovorNapisal/-a bluereef dne 12 avg 2005 23:04

Hi George
I do a litlle search (I should do that before I posted info about new SEIO pum, not after :roll: ) and here is the good info for anyone interested in new SEIO/Marea pumps http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=303186.
Obviously the problems what people have with rio pumps are not hapening with new SEIO pumps what is great news.I know the rio are bestselling pumps in the USA but that is only due to their low prices not due to quality,issues what they have are very serious,IMO.
I did have the same feedbacks when I started with my Skimmers.
You mean this model of skimmer?
Slika

That is great and very afordable skimmer :D .

It is nice that you try to keep up high the German brands but I am very sorry to tell you that there is no way to stop the success of mass production goods. Your car is mass production, your TV, your shoes and soon also your pump
Hold on George ,I dont have a car jet,I start with piagio skutter after 10 years of driving bysycles (spelling 8) ).
Just kiding,but on serious note I do in the begining (7 years ago) buy cheaper pumps ,mostly from the USA ,they all site on the shelves -some are broken some are worthless,some are just dangerous to use ,I learn that good quality equipment which are usually more expensive to buy in the begining in the longer run are more cheap because they last much much longer.
Hovever ocasional reefer(not so serious as we here) or reefer on the budget with the smaller tanks really dont need expensive equipment,so I agree with you on that mater.
BTW if you dont mind asking me that,I read good info (from Jorge Kokot or Jens Kalmeyer,cant recall from who corectly I heard about that) about your new invertbebrate and clam food-Ultramin S.
They noted that ultramin s are the best invertebrate food for nonphotosintetic corals (mostly gorgonian?) and because great part of my interest are non photosintetic corals,can you give us more info about that food?Do you do some actually testing with ultramin s and non photosintetic corals?
bluereef

OdgovorNapisal/-a george dne 12 avg 2005 23:22

hello bluereef,

I think you should give the Marea a try, we have worked over a year on it untill we were satified with the european version. Belive me if it will not keep the quality standards of my other products it is faster out of the sortiment then you can say "peep2 :wink:
Yes the Skimmer on the pic is the Skimmer Beast 400. In USA they sell it under Corallife Superskimmer.
Concerning Ultramin there is a missunderstanding. I am not the manufacturer of this product. You are talking abaout Aqua Terra Shop but I am from Terra Nova PRO. Aqua Terra Shop is one of the dealers in Germany who is purchasing Terra Nova PRO products. So I am sorry that I can not give you detailed information about that.
Uporabniški avatar
george

OdgovorNapisal/-a bluereef dne 12 avg 2005 23:32

Sorry for confusion,my apologize,I thought that are the same company.
I think you should give the Marea a try, we have worked over a year on it untill we were satified with the european version.
Thanks,I will,I will probably open on line shop for few months and I will need smaller pumps for my customer(I build bigger aquarium-1000 lit aproximetly and marea are too small for my aquarium).
Belive me if it will not keep the quality standards of my other products it is faster out of the sortiment then you can say "peep2

Thats the spirit and good business leading :D
bluereef

OdgovorNapisal/-a Bojan dne 13 avg 2005 0:37

Clownfish Napisal/-a:Therefore I beleive Marea Stream pumps are suatable for aquariums below 300L in which we could put more smaller Marea pumps to get better water flow.

I agree with Clownfish that Marea Stream pumps are suitable for smaller aquariums, where the smallest Tunze Stream 220V 6060 is too powerfull, but I suppose that are also usefull in the bigger reef aquarium used for additional circulation in some parts of aquarim, where very strong circulation is not required.

I do not have the information about dimensions, but if Marea Stream pumps are smaller than Tunze, this can be quite important advantage.

So, we are waiting that Marea pumps will be on our market an we will be able to test this pumps in our aquariums.
Uporabniški avatar
Bojan

OdgovorNapisal/-a Clownfish dne 13 avg 2005 1:35

Hello George..

As you could see.. Also here in Slovenia and Croatia are some reefer which are potential buyers for Marea products.
That is why it would be nice from you to send a sample of Marea stream pump and a sample of skimmer on that picture to us so we could make a test for our people and post a report here in our site.

We have few LFS member here at http://www.Sloreef.com and I am certain at least one is interested in reselling your products.
Uporabniški avatar
Clownfish
Administrator

Št.: 8772
Izkušnje: akv. morska 17let

Naslednji

Vrni se na General discussion