Prodam "decapsulated artemia"(artemia brez lupine)

English Language

OdgovorNapisal/-a Harun dne 04 nov 2006 16:22

in fact i think this title goes on wrong place, may be you can move it to more suitable section...?

to grow artemia you are luck that you have reef aquairum then suitable aged water. 1.025-1.030 is enough, no need to high gravity.i calculate as i donthave hydrometer 30 gr salt/ litre simply...even itis not exact!
you can get some already made product for feeding specially artemia or just use pure spirulina powder.
they are exactly like fishes, amonia o2 etc is important. as they are so small filtration is very difficult issue for their water. so if you keep number little, youwill have less problem with water. 28 degree is good. never over feed then you will have bacteria grow, killing artemias. first times just little coupleof drop of spirulina per litre then as they grow they feed more and better so you can give more spirulina. the trick is to adjust howmuch food you will give! by trying it in diffirent types you can get it perfectly.
little food doesnt kill them but grow slowly. too much food kill them!!!!

Lp
Uporabniški avatar
Harun

Št.: 14
Kraj: Ljubljana

addition

OdgovorNapisal/-a Harun dne 06 nov 2006 21:23

Dear Friends,
as addition to spirulina, i forgot to mention from yeast( svezi kvas) it is good but not enough only itself mixed with spirulina is better result... also be very carefull not to cause any bateria explosion by over feeding with yeast.
LP
Uporabniški avatar
Harun

Re: addition

OdgovorNapisal/-a Clownfish dne 06 nov 2006 22:29

Few questions for you Harun!

What are differences between culture if it is aerated or not?
Do we had to replace any water in which artemias live?
Where can we get spirulina powder?
Can be artemia raised also in tap water without salt?
How much and how often culture of artemia should be feed with spirulina or yeast?
Can we raise phytoplankton culture and in this culture also artemia culture?
This would be more stable environment for phytoplankton and artemia.
Uporabniški avatar
Clownfish
Administrator

Št.: 8772
Izkušnje: akv. morska 17let

OdgovorNapisal/-a Harun dne 07 nov 2006 0:24

as you dnt make them crowded no need airation because it makes all dirts flying in water and can cause death of artemia. if you have filter for them of course you can give air also..(but itis very hard to fix a filter for them)
they need food everyday little by little...
phytoplanktons just for them but as they are hard to find or expensive, i used spirulina and yeast, when i have phytoplankton of course i prefer it!!!
i will open another title about phytoplanktons because i just ordered some starter culture(10ml) so i will make it bigger for everybody who wants them and so make it cheaper for everybody.(if there is)

i ordered some pure spirulina(for human use) from abroad and now i am having custom problem to get them...otherwise i can share maybe little, if i can get them...
you can make water for artemia with salt that you are using for your reef or directly from reef tank. no need regular water changes but cleaning bbottom of artemia tank is good!
Uporabniški avatar
Harun

OdgovorNapisal/-a Harun dne 08 nov 2006 15:24

zivjo,

i finally managed to get out my pure spirulina powder (made very pure for human uses)from custom after some unexpected expences
if any one wants to have some from it, can write me.
regards,
Uporabniški avatar
Harun

Prejšnji

Vrni se na General discussion